Meet the Execs
Mark van Diggelen
Mark founded SkillPod Media in early 2007 and was re-branded to GameZBoost in 2016, thus aligning the brand more closely with the gaming industry. Mark’ career in the online gaming industry started in early 2000, when he held the position of VP Technology and then later he took up the position of VP Business Development, where he established a number of global casual gaming, lottery and bingo initiatives for the group. He self funded and bootstrapped the business for the first year and a half and in 2008 went on to secure series A funding from institutional investors, Convergence Partners. He has extensive experience in the online world, having developed and launched his first website in 1995 and then going onto build and launch some of the first South African online communities in 1998, for Destiny Electronic Commerce and Metropolis Transactive.
Mark has 19 years of experience in the international gaming industry and has gained extensive knowledge and experience in the mobile gaming, casual gaming, social gaming, gambling, competitive gaming, sales and marketing, business development, search engine marketing and search engine optimization and has used these skills to position and grow the business into a recognized global gaming solutions provider. He has always had a passion and interest in gaming and used the Basic language to code his 1st game on a Commodore Vic 20 at the age of 13, way back in 1981.
Mark is passionate about business and has a strong focus on strategy, innovation and new business development, having secured a reputable list of clients that span the globe. In 2009 the business was a runner up in the TT100 awards and in 2013 Mark was recognised by InfoDev / World Bank as a Global Top 50 Entrepreneur. Mark has also been featured numerous times in publications that include Entrepreneur Mag (http://www.entrepreneurmag.co.za/advice/growing-a-business/innovation/the-gaming-enabler/), Tech Central (https://www.techcentral.co.za/serious-money-in-casual-gaming/22293/), eTV Tech Report (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbwviMFvKPU), SAfm Tech Show, Sunday Times and Financial Mails iWeek (http://www.iweek.co.za/on-the-cover/not-just-for-fun).
William was the founder of Primedia, which is South Africa’s 2nd largest media group, which he established in 1994. He was CEO from its inception until August 2009. He is the founder and CEO of Tritech Media and commenced its development in November 2009. Prior to establishing Primedia, William worked at Shearson Lehman Hutton in New York in mergers and acquisitions from 1988 to 1991. William holds a BCom and BAcc degree from the University of Johannesburg and is a Chartered Accountant with an HDip in Tax Law.
GameZBoost (Pty) Ltd is a privately owned company, the company is incorporated in the Republic of South Africa, the business has a global footprint of clients and partners. The shareholders are Mark van Diggelen, the founder, majority shareholder and CEO, and TriTech Media, an investment management and advisory firm, focused on the media and technology sector in emerging markets.
The GameZBoost responsive HTML5 mobile gaming platform offers a feature rich and highly customizable white label gaming solution, with the benefit of being fully cross platform compatible across all mobile and desktop browsers. This allows for a single games website / portal deployment, that dynamically scales to ensure the user has the best possible gaming experience when accessing the site from desktop browsers, smartphones and tablet / iPad mobile browsers (real-time responsiveness across devices). The platform can be configured to cater for multiple scenarios, that include: deploying a free to play, pay to play or blended games site, all using our proven micro transactions solution that allows for effective transaction management, rewards configuration and various options for the redemption of users credits.
The platform creates a highly interactive and addictive gaming environment for players. It includes globally competitive game titles and add-on features. The GameZBoost white label games platform has been and is used by some of the top international publishers, including: RTL Group, Network 18, NBC Universal, Sony Pictures Entertainment, Independent Newspapers, Media24, Burger King New Zealand, to name but a few.
GameZBoost offers various solutions and opportunities that allow game studios to tap into an instant audience by integrating with our platform API`s, thus increasing the global reach and driving usage for their game titles.
Standing out from the Crowd:
- Established global network of strategic clients and game developers
- Highly customizable, feature rich, modular solution
- Integrated gaming solution for game developers and key publishers wishing to partner. The platform eliminates the need to publishers and developers to integrate on a 1 on 1 basis
- Entrenched with key customers, enhancing recurring revenue and future visibility
- 20 years experience within the gaming sector (Casual, Social, Mobile, MMO, Bingo, Lottery, Poker, Casino) + 24 years within the online space (SEO, SEM, Community Building, Web Dev).
- Proven, scalable and stable platform, with broad scope of gaming services – already used by some of the top global publishers & broadcasters.
- Limited impact on the publishers tech dev resources – we take care of the bulk of the development and integration.
- A fully hosted platform that reduces load on publishers infrastructure.
- Engaging premium games titles for your users, from premium game studios.
- Immediate access to multiple revenue streams.
- Constant new features and games – we have an extensive R&D program.
- Flexible partnering terms and business model tailoring based on your size, audience and existing user base.
- Our clients are most impressed with our responsiveness, flexibility, knowledge of the industry, the ability to easily integrate with multiple providers and the revenue earning ability of the site, while growing traffic and brand exposure to their primary brands.
- Strong growth trajectory coupled with rapidly improving margins
About TriTech Media
Tritech Media is a media technology innovator that delivers customised content through its proprietary technology across digital media.
The media technology approach of Tritech Media embraces the new era of digital media. The Group’s proprietary technology enables the delivery of a range of customised content genres. The group is headed up by media pioneer William Kirsh. Tritech Media’s corporate precise communications platforms enables advertisers and marketers to scientifically target their campaigns ensuring optimal return on investment and in consumer digital content by enabling consumers to choose what content they want, when they want it and with which digital device. Tritech Media is South Africa’s leading provider of precise communications platforms for advertisers and marketers and is South Africa’s exclusive distributor of the world’s leading digital content brands in prepaid formats”.
Get more info at: GameZBoost.com